The Coon Prairie Cemetery is located next to Country Coon Prairie Church. It was dedicated when the infant daughter of the first pastor, Reverend H.A. Stub was laid to rest there on September 11, 1855.
Land has been added to the cemetery several times, and it currently covers approximately thirteen acres. Recently a computerized map and directory of the grave sites in the cemetery was created. The map is framed and hanging on the wall in the office area of Westby Coon Prairie and in the dining area of Country Coon Prairie.
More than twice the current population of Westby has found the Coon Prairie Cemetery as their final resting place.
In 1986, the Coon Prairie Church and Cemetery were placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.