The first official bank of Westby was the Westby Exchange Bank more commonly called the Bank of Westby, located on the corner of First and Main. Owned by Carl Brye it was sold to Martin Bekkedal in 1902 and became the Westby State Bank.
Numerous businesses have been located in these two buildings the past 117 years. Furniture and Funeral being the most popular businesses to be located at this location. There have also been at least two jewelry stores, a restaurant in the lower level and a dance studio on the upper level.